Treat your face and neck to a real breakfast spread that will leave it comforted, soft and supple. This mask is great for all skin types, but those of you who need to care for dry skin could potentially benefit from it even more.
Get these from your larder:
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp plain yoghurt, with live active cultures
- 1tsp ground oatmeal
To make the mask:
- Mix all the ingredients together in a clean bowl.
To use the mask:
- Apply on cleansed face and neck.
- Leave on for 5 to 10 minutes. Don’t let the mask dry out completely on your skin though.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
Why it works:
- Honey is a natural humectant, meaning that it draws moisture from the air and then relays it to your skin.
- Yoghurt contains (among many other goodies) lactic acid that helps to smoothen skin. As it contains live bacteria, it also produces enzymes that moisturize the skin.
- Ground oatmeal has been known to reduce itchiness that is sometimes linked to dry skin conditions.
Why I recommend it:
A day after I got back from a sun-soaked holiday in Bali, I could feel my face paying the price of me not putting more sunblock on. It was turning blotchy red and it was torturous withstanding the urge to scratch at the dry skin. I knew I had to give my skin a good helping of moisture, so I put this mask together with what I already had in the kitchen.
It provided INSTANT RELIEF. The itching stopped right away, and my skin was visibly less red. By the next morning it was almost back to normal. 🙂
- Use this mask just before you have your shower, so you can just rinse everything off without concerning yourself of making a mess on the floor.
I hope this gets your curiosity on home-made skincare piqued. Do try it out, and please share with us what it was like for you. Let’s keep our skincare natural!