- As an immediate treatment for minor burns, apply 1 drop of the oil neat (undiluted) onto the burn area, after flushing it with cool water. You may bandage the area once you dab off the excess oil from the healthy skin surrounding the burn. The helichrysum essential oil will virtually stop the pain and help the skin heal quickly without scarring. You need not repeat this protocol of applying the undiluted oil onto the burn area after this.
- As a healing and pain-relieving treatment for minor muscle and joint injuries, mix together the following (it is approximatelyÂ a 3% essential oil dilution) and store in an air-tight bottle away from sunlight:
- 30ml Tamanu oil (approximately 2 tablespoons)
- 6 drops Ginger essential oil
- 4 drops Helichrysum essential oil
- 2 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 2 drops Marjoram essential oil
Gently massage 3-5 drops of this blend onto the affected area as often as necessary for mild pain relief and to help speed up the healing process.
- When inhaled or applied to the chest after being diluted in a carrier oil, helichrysum can be very helpful in thinning out mucous and phlegm caused by coughs and colds.
- Keep well out of reach of children and pets.