So many people have found our Gentle Body PolishesÂ surprisingly good to use, that I think it’s worth knowing that you can actually make a very simplified version of it in your kitchen. Even without the added clays, essential oils and carrier oils that we include in our formulation, just the ground red beans and oats alone can leave your skin surprisingly smooth and revitalised. It really isÂ worth giving a go on your own!
- 100g adzuki (red) beans (organic, if possible)
- 100g rolled oats (organic, if possible)
- Toss both these ingredients into a blender to be ground into a fine powder (or to whatever degree of coarseness that you prefer).
- Allow this mixture to cool before storing in an airtight container. Out of curiosity, I have kept samples of my blends for as long as 8 months without any noticeable change in the powder’s scent (but don’t worry, none of the Gentle Body Polish that I sell to the public is ever made from any red bean/oat powder that is more than 2 weeks old)
How to use
- Take a desired amount using a clean dry spoon and place it in a clean bowl.
- Add just enough water to make a spreadable paste out of the ground red beans and oats.
- Massage it into damp skin (cleansing it first is optional – up to you).
- Rinse off with warm water followed by cool water (I hear from beauticians that this helps to close back your pores that are relaxed and opened when exposed to warm water or steam, but I can’t verify this :p), then gently pat dry.
- Soft, smooth skin that should feel plump and comfortable.
- You may smell vaguely of red beans. :p
Hope you’ll have some fun in your kitchen making this, and that your skin has a chance to get that tiny bit extra pampering it deserves.