Botanical name:Â Helichrysum italicum
Also known as Immortelle, helichrysum essential oil is one of the most potent healing oils known to aromatherapists worldwide. For example, 1 drop immediately applied neat to a minor burn results in the skin healing without a trace of scarring (this is from personal experience!), and also has wonderful therapeutic effects for muscle or joint injuries. There is a wealth of information online about how to best use this precious essential oil - take some time to learn about it, and see how it can complement yourÂ essential oil use at home.
- As an immediate treatment for minor burns, apply 1 drop of the oil neat (undiluted) onto the burn area, after flushing it with cool water. You may bandage the area once you dab off the excess oil from the healthy skin surrounding the burn. The helichrysum essential oil will virtually stop the pain and help the skin heal quickly without scarring. You need not repeat this protocol of applying the undiluted oil onto the burn area after this.
- As a healing and pain-relieving treatment for minor muscle and joint injuries, mix together the following (it is approximatelyÂ a 3% essential oil dilution) and store in an air-tight bottle away from sunlight:
- 30ml Tamanu oil (approximately 2 tablespoons)
- 6 drops Ginger essential oil
- 4 drops Helichrysum essential oil
- 2 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 2 drops Marjoram essential oil
Gently massage 3-5 drops of this blend onto the affected area as often as necessary for mild pain relief and to help speed up the healing process.
- When inhaled or applied to the chest after being diluted in a carrier oil, helichrysum can be very helpful in thinning out mucous and phlegm caused by coughs and colds.
- Keep well out of reach of children and pets.
How to use
How to use
Use in an appropriate essential oil diffuser. Depending on the oil, it may damage some kinds of plastics, so we generally prefer using clay diffusers with tea lights.
Certain essential oils are also lovely as room sprays, insect repellents and linen fresheners.
Some essential oils are toxic to pets. Please read up about them as much as you can before using it around your furbabies.
We do not advocate the ingestion of any essential oils, unless under the direction of a doctor or certified clinical aromatherapist.
Be sure to dilute essential oils if you are looking to apply them to the skin, as most essential oils can irritate the skin when used at full strength.
Do your homework and read extensively for safety and knowledge!
Keep away from direct sunlight, extreme heat and humidity. Do not allow any water or foreign particles to be introduced into the bottle, and keep the droppers clean.
We will ship your orders within 2 (two) working days of receiving your paid order, using a courier service of our choosing that will best serve your delivery area. You may also choose to personally collect your orders from our store.
We use rescued shipping materials that are kindly provided by our community of customers and colleagues, in keeping with our efforts to reduce packaging waste throughout the company.
For orders outside of Malaysia, please note that your local customs office may impose import duties on your purchases, for which you will need to pay separately from your order.