Botanical name: Origanum vulgare
Our oregano oil from Spain is one of the most powerful antibacterial and antiviral oils available - and it must certainly be used with care and caution. Great for fighting respiratory infections. Not recommended for use around infants, pregnant or nursing women.
- As an antifungal treatment for nails, dilute oregano oil in a carrier oil of your choice to a 1:1 ratio. Apply 1 drop to the affected area 1-2 times a day until the fungal infection clears.
- As part of an antibacterial room spray, mix together the following essential oils in a 500ml spray bottle filled with water and a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid:
- 5 drops oregano
- 3 drops thyme
- 10 drops frankincense
- 10 drops tea tree
- 15 drops lavender
- 10 drops marjoram
- Be careful not to accidentally spray at eye-level. Vacate the room and allow the mist to disperse for 5 minutes, just to be safe.
- Do not use oregano oil daily for an extended period. Aim for short, 7-day applications at a time for acute conditions. Long-term use of oregano oil may lead to complications or changes in liver metabolism, so don't take chances with it.
- Oregano oil is high in a chemical compound called carvacrol as well as thymol, which are the key reasons behind its strong antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral actions. It also affects platelet aggregation, and so is not recommended for use by people with blood clotting disorders, or patients who are taking anticoagulant drugs such as aspirin or Warfarin, or before surgery.
- Do not use with infants, babies, pregnant and lactating women.
- Will cause skin irritation in high doses, and will also irritate mucous linings (i.e. the inside of your mouth, throat, eyes and nose). Do not use in steam inhalation unless blended together to a maximum of a 10% concentration with other less potent essential oils, and only 1 drop of this blend is used at a time.
How to use
How to use
Use in an appropriate essential oil diffuser. Depending on the oil, it may damage some kinds of plastics, so we generally prefer using clay diffusers with tea lights.
Certain essential oils are also lovely as room sprays, insect repellents and linen fresheners.
Some essential oils are toxic to pets. Please read up about them as much as you can before using it around your furbabies.
We do not advocate the ingestion of any essential oils, unless under the direction of a doctor or certified clinical aromatherapist.
Be sure to dilute essential oils if you are looking to apply them to the skin, as most essential oils can irritate the skin when used at full strength.
Do your homework and read extensively for safety and knowledge!
Keep away from direct sunlight, extreme heat and humidity. Do not allow any water or foreign particles to be introduced into the bottle, and keep the droppers clean.
We will ship your orders within 2 (two) working days of receiving your paid order, using a courier service of our choosing that will best serve your delivery area. You may also choose to personally collect your orders from our store.
We use rescued shipping materials that are kindly provided by our community of customers and colleagues, in keeping with our efforts to reduce packaging waste throughout the company.
For orders outside of Malaysia, please note that your local customs office may impose import duties on your purchases, for which you will need to pay separately from your order.